Tuesday 12 April 2016

Retreat 2016

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to any new Bloggers and thanks to everyone for visiting I hope you enjoy reading all about my "Crafty Antics".

Well what a weekend, I have been very busy helping on the Sincerely Yours Retreat in Daventry. I met lots of wonderful ladies and we had a ball!

I had a great time and met some wonderful talented crafters I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

The weekend consisted of three workshops on Saturday and Sunday led by different tutors, a make and take on Friday evening and a crafty "lock in" on Saturday evening. All this while being fed and watered (Alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages) at very regular intervals. The five star hotel is set in a stunning landscape in Daventry.  I can recommend it.
Enough about the weekend The projects my groups made are shown in the photos below. On Saturday we made a perpetual calendar. Well I use the term "made" loosely, a few people completed the project, most have taken home lots of homework. It was ambitious to expect to complete this in one and a half hours.

 
It consists of a series of boxes which we covered with backing paper made from stamping the Honey Doo Swirl Background.  The numbers were stamped on the squares of card using Honey Doo Bold and Outline numbers. Both stamps available from Oyster Papercrafts.


On Sunday we made a double slider card. We used Honey Doo Friendship Quotes, Flourishing duet and Falling Flowers stamps also available from Oyster Papercrafts. 
As promised at the retreat I have included photographs of the placement of the slider for your information.  







Thanks to all the team and delegates for a wonderful time and here's to the next one in November.
Take Care
Janet
                        

1 comment: