Tuesday 28 February 2017

Butterflies

Welcome to all my blogging Friends both old and new,
No Flowers this week its Butterflies.
I love this stamp its so useful, you can cut out the individual Butterfies to add as small embelishments to your cards or use this String of butterflies to make toppers.
Here is a simple card, I stamped two strings of butterflies with the Butterfly Border Stamp (Honey Doo), painted them with different colours of Mica. I die cut with the matching die and placed on to white card. This I matted on to Gold Mirri.
I made a background stamping all over with the small image from Birthday Sentiments, such a useful little stamp. If you try this make sure you change the orientation of the stamp, its a simple but effective technique which can be used with lots of small (or large) stamps. I tend to use lighter inks so as not to detract from the main image. You can also mix and match several small stamps with different colours.
I arranged the toppers and added a sentiment.

I hope you like it.
Have a good week
Take Care
Janet

2 comments: