Tuesday 7 March 2017

Spring Flowers

Hello Bloggers,
Well what can I say about this weeks Card. We all have cards that we are not sure about  and this is one of them.
i was pleased with the inside but the outside mmmmmmmmm...........
I had an idea in mind to make a simple card using spare inchies for a couple of weeks ago....remember I made a background using a small stamp from birthday sentiments and coloured with distress inks These I matted on to gold and placed in the four corners. I used edging dies (Sue Wilson Configurations) and edged the borders. I Stamped Die cut, Painted and shaped the Spring Flowers and placed one on top of each square.. I then used a fifth square for the sentiment. Too much I think so not happy with this but decided to stop here.


Now for some time now I have been wanting to make up an arrangement using the many Honey Doo single flowers.  I stamped the smallest of the spring flowers on to the white card and masked it, I then repeated this with the medium and large flower, masking each one. I then stamped the smaller flowers above and below and masked them. I then stamped the Leaves from the same set and masked those.
Each time I stamped I heat embossed with Gold embossing powder.
Care must be taken not to overheat. For the masking I used Post It Notes, but you can buy masking film or masking fluid.
I then used the leaf stamp from Birthday Sentiments to add to the arrangement. (If you are unsure how to build up a flower arrangement look in floristry books for a basic shapes).
The reveal, Remove all the masking and you have an image to paint with Mica
We are now used to dimension so I added flat layers to the main flower, so that the card could still be closed.
I distressed the edges of the white card with the green distress ink and stamped the sentiment in place. I then matted and layered this on to a blue mat.


Although I am not happy with this card I thought it was worth adding to my blog to show how you can add a beautiful insert to a card,
I hope you agree.
Thank you for taking tome out to look at my Blog
Happy Crafting
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment