Tuesday 25 April 2017

Let's Party

Hello all you bloggers, new and not so new. Welcome to my weekly ditty.............

I promised something a little different for me this week. Well I have been playing with the We R Memory Keepers DIY Party board available from Oyster Papercrafts.


A very simple device for making 12 different party items officially, including hats, treat bags, cup cake holders,  blowers etc. I have also made a cup and saucer and cake stand which are not in the handbook. The cake stand was inspired by the We R memory keepers blog.
I saved various containers including yoghurt cartons and drinks container.  
Here's what I came up with.


 I found that working with plain paper and decorating while it was still flat was the way to go. I used pom poms, die cuts, gems, flowers and rosettes from my crafty stash to decorate some of the sets.




I used My Favourite Things, Just Delightful Stamps Prehistoric fun to decorate a cup holder, party horn, hat and treat bag. I stamped and embossed the image and coloured with alcohol pens.


 I found inspiration from last months Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine (issue 168 April) for the Rabbit, of course you could also make other animals or  Father Christmas in a similar way.

I stamped and embossed a pattern on the black card, of course you could use any of your small background stamps to repeat stamp a background. 

 The cake stand and cup were made from a the cup holders which I added a die cut circle to I then die cut a circle out of gold mirri card and a small strip was used to run around the top of the cup, the handle was just a strip of card fixed to the side.
 I do hope you like them, back to normal next week.
Have a splendid week hope the weather is kind to us all.
Take care
Janet


No comments:

Post a Comment